It is a philatelic collection of my blog.
I collected horse ,painting -in particular the classical paintings of women,and Japanese painting.
In addition, I have been collecting China's postmark, the Chinese New Year stamp collecting materials,I also interested in the various countries of the FDCs.
I hope my blog can bring happiness to you so that you share my enthusiasm......

13 January 2009

"The Artist's Mother".


James Abbott McNeill Whistler was an American painter and etcher, who assimilated Japanese art styles, made technical innovations, and championed modern art.
The Artist's Mother (1871) popularly known as Whistler's Mother .The primary title of the portrait of his mother, Anne Matilda McNeill Whistler, which he painted when she visited him in London, It is a nearly monochromatic (single-color) composition of rectangles -- the baseboard, the curtain, the picture frames, the rug -- that is broken by the asymmetrical profile of the woman.
It is ironic that the portrait of Whistler’s mother, noted in its day for its lack of sentimentality, is regarded today as a glorification of motherhood.

USA 1934.the stamp exists in both Rotary Press Printing and Flat Plate Printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment