It is a philatelic collection of my blog.
I collected horse ,painting -in particular the classical paintings of women,and Japanese painting.
In addition, I have been collecting China's postmark, the Chinese New Year stamp collecting materials,I also interested in the various countries of the FDCs.
I hope my blog can bring happiness to you so that you share my enthusiasm......

07 January 2009

Chinese zodiac stamp series




New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps, commonly called the Chinese Zodiac postage stamps, are based on the upcoming year’s animal sign.

In 1980, China Post issued the first zodiac stamp. Since then, 29 stamps have been designed and released. Some rare editions have appreciated more than 3,000 times over their face value. Collectors are expressing confidence the zodiac stamp series will become a popular part of Ch
ina's contemporary culture.



Chinese pre-stamped postal card







In the Chinese zodiac years are named for different animals in a twelve year cycle. The Year of the Rat - the first year in the cycle - last fell in 1996. The sequence is Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment