It is a philatelic collection of my blog.
I collected horse ,painting -in particular the classical paintings of women,and Japanese painting.
In addition, I have been collecting China's postmark, the Chinese New Year stamp collecting materials,I also interested in the various countries of the FDCs.
I hope my blog can bring happiness to you so that you share my enthusiasm......

23 December 2008

Amadeo Modigliani


Modigliani was born on 12th July 1884 in Leghorn (Livorno, Italy), and grew up in a Jewish ghetto, where he suffered serious illnesses as a boy.He studied art in Florence and in 1906 moved to Paris, where he became acquainted with Pablo Picasso, Jean Cocteau, and other avant-garde artists living there.In Paris, Modigliani led a reckless, dissipated life that gradually affected on his health.His talents as an artist, however, were never doubted by fellow artists.He was influenced by Fauvism....


Fine examples of Modigliani's figure paintings are a number of his Reclining Nude, of which he has made a large number. They are all elegant, arresting arrangements of curved lines and planes as well as a striking idealization of feminine sexuality. Today his graceful portraits and lush nudes at once evoke his name, but during his brief career few apart from his fellow artists were aware of his gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment