It is a philatelic collection of my blog.
I collected horse ,painting -in particular the classical paintings of women,and Japanese painting.
In addition, I have been collecting China's postmark, the Chinese New Year stamp collecting materials,I also interested in the various countries of the FDCs.
I hope my blog can bring happiness to you so that you share my enthusiasm......

05 December 2008

Horse Races in Britain "Derby"


Every year, on the first Wednesday in June, one of Britain's most famous horse races is held. It's called the "Derby", and it attracts racing enthusiasts from an over of the country.
the Derby is the top event in the flat season's racing calendar. First run on 4 May 1780, the race is named after its founder, the 12th earl of Derby. It is a race for 3-year-olds, run on Epsom downs.


1979 Horseracing Paintings and Bicentenary of the Derby issue featuring 'Saddling "Mahmoud" for the Derby 1936, 'The Liverpool Great National Steeple Chase 1839', 'The First Spring Meeting, Newmarket 1793' and 'Racing at Dorsett Ferry, Windsor 1684'.

No comments:

Post a Comment